Additional Awesomeness...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Congratulations Baby!

I am just so stinkin' proud of Grumpy right now!  Persistence and patience DO pay off, and he admitted as much to me several weeks ago when he got interviewed for a job with the Tulare City Fire Department.

He hadn't heard anything other than the possibility of second interviews, as they had an internal candidate, Grumps and one other person to choose from.  Well, the original position was filled internally, but then the Chief called up Grumpy for an interview of the "come hang out and look around" variety, as the promotee's former position was open and needed to be filled.

They filled it with Grumpy!!!  Honey, you've worked so hard for this and I am just so happy to see you excited and confident again.  It's so hard to be denied and denied and denied, only to be denied again while watching those less qualified grab what should have been yours.  But you did it, and the long years of applying, waiting, extra classes, extra shifts and (shudder) volunteering in your job have finally paid off.

Of course, with the new job come new logistical problems, but I think we've got it all figured out now.  And I am approved for the whole day off to watch you get "pinned".  Now if you could just tell me what time so I can figure out if we need to spring Aidan out of kindy for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love and tell me what you think! No really, I can take it. I'll just double-up on those anti-depressants first.

I may not be able to reply back quickly (I am a mom after all), but I read each and every word you type!