Additional Awesomeness...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Times like these

It's days like this that make me wish I was back in 3rd grade, when the only things I had to worry about were my book report and who I was going to play with at recess.


Money sucks - there is never enough no matter how well you manage what you have been blessed with.


Cars suck - money.  Why can't they just run on dirty diapers and week-old pizza slices?  Why do they have to put parts that can leak right next to the passenger compartment?  I mean, seriously?  Why does the heater core have to go right there?  Now my carpet is ruined and the car smells moldy if you leave the windows up when it's hot.  GROSS.


People suck - people who promise you sunshine & rainbows and then give you nothing but shitty weather.  Incidentaly, these are the same people that demand you spend $$ you don't really have because they want you to "better yourself" but don't want to help you do it.  They just want to threaten your job and starve your kids.


Animals suck - sometimes.  Like the times the cat can't make it to the box and poops in the middle of the living room.  Or when the dog runs into the sliding glass door so hard I think I might have to cough up an emergency vet bill because she can't stand up straight.  Do dogs get concussions?


Kids suck - they are germy, grimy, snotty little beasts whose sole mission in life is to wait until 2 am to get sick, then insist on sleeping on the couch with mommy, who unfortunately cannot sleep with her arm tweaked around behind a kid-neck, semi-reclined on a decorative pillow with kid feet in her crotch and unable to move due to the death-grip said kid happens to have on her clothing and/or hair.


And then...
Payday comes, and you have some cash for 0.00000001 seconds.
  The car is fueled and fixed.  For now.
  Someone made a mistake - you can go to that class after all.  Yes, we will pay for it, that memo was a typo.
  The cat races as fast as her arthritic hips can move her to the box and now you just have to smell it until it's scoop-able.
  The dog is again able to chase the kids and steal their bananas without having to sign over your house to the vet.
  The kids are, once again, charming, funny, affectionate and SLEEP IN THEIR OWN DAMN BEDS.


For today anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love and tell me what you think! No really, I can take it. I'll just double-up on those anti-depressants first.

I may not be able to reply back quickly (I am a mom after all), but I read each and every word you type!