Additional Awesomeness...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Pee is NOT Trash

Our downstairs bathroom is the most frequented in the house. It’s proximity to both the family room and the kitchen makes it a busy area, to say the least. So I wondered, why on EARTH does this bathroom stink like the cat peed in the corner?


The room is wiped down several times a day (I have 3 boys for crying out loud!), and the trash routinely emptied. So why oh WHY does it smell like pee?!


I visited this room recently, and happened to glance at the trash can, conveniently located rightnextto the toilet. Hmm, I mused, so that’s where all the TP is going. Interesting that ½ a jumbo roll is needed to swipe a runny nose.


I looked (eeeuuuwww) closer. Why did the TP look (ick, shudder) wet?! I dared to lightly sniff the air; if I was a dog, I’d have been shaking my head and pawing my nose what a stink!). AhHA! So that’s where the pee smell is coming from!


Wait…WHY is there pee in the trash? Who could possibly think that it is ok to pee in the trash can when the toilet is rightnextto it?!


Of course, nobody knew anything about such a heinous crime. Just like Idunno was responsible for peeing all over the seat and neglecting to wipe up after himself. That poor Idunno guy gets a really bad rap in my house.


Fast forward 2 weeks. I’m emptying the trash daily, washing out the trash can and contemplating some kind of trash receptacle that has a snap-shut lit to discourage little penises from spraying. Too bad the can won’t fit under the sink. Besides, the child lock on the sink cabinet kind of defeats that purpose.


Last night, one was caught in the act. Whinemaster was gleefully spraying both the can and the toilet, apparently to find out which one would fill up first. Well, after having to scrub out the toilet, trash can, and the entire bathroom floor, I’m pretty sure he won’t be pulling that disgusting stunt again. At least not in that bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love and tell me what you think! No really, I can take it. I'll just double-up on those anti-depressants first.

I may not be able to reply back quickly (I am a mom after all), but I read each and every word you type!