Additional Awesomeness...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's payback time

Let me preface this by saying that I love my baby brother.  No really, I do!  It's just that, well, until he got married and became insta-dad (which was totally friggin' AWESOME for him and all the rest of us BTW), it was his sole mission in life to make mine a living hell by purchasing the loudest, most annoying, battery-filled and/or most likely to incite a riot toy he could find when buying a gift for one of his nephews. 

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the balls it took to actually enter TRU as a single guy in search of the perfect kid-gift.  I just did not always appreciate turning off the lights at night only to hear some random toy start singing to me about building with friends, or how they were ready to rock.  It's disturbing when toys start playing by themselves. 

But now, dear reader, it is MAH TURN!  I have two lovely nieces; the baby will be 1 in a few days, and Miss P is a whopping 5 (kind of out of the realm of blinky-flashy-noisy-annoying toys).  And believe you me honey, I am going to to everything in my power to find the most annoying toy on the market.  Because I love my brother and SIL.  And I feel they really do need to get the FULL parenting experience.

Of course, I'll have to do it when the kids are asleep.  And maybe zoned on allergy meds. And blind.  Oh, and deaf, because those kids can hear the crinkle of a Target bag from 3 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love and tell me what you think! No really, I can take it. I'll just double-up on those anti-depressants first.

I may not be able to reply back quickly (I am a mom after all), but I read each and every word you type!