Additional Awesomeness...

Friday, May 3, 2013

30-day challenges

Whaddup y'all?  (um, yeah, I don't think that's me, but I'm too lazy to re-type that greeting, so, moving on...)

I've been seeing some 30-day challenges popping up around the blogosphere lately.  Some are inspiring, others look exhausting.  But they all seem to be garnering lots of attention.  I, myself have decided to participate in one challenge. No, it has nothing to do with physical fitness.  It's more spiritual fitness than anything.  And no, I'm not going to elaborate because, well, my husband reads this blog on the rare occasion, and I don't want to spell it out for him.  I'd rather wait and see what happens :)

I thought I'd break down WHY so many people are a fan of 30 (or multiple thereof)-day challenges.  If you are even remotely interested in my opinions (which, BTW are 100% my own), by all means, read on.


    
    http://www.google.com/imgres?safe=active&sa=X&biw=1343&bih=707&tbm=isch&tbnid=Hw1WrIyQKBDsIM:&imgrefurl=http://minimalismissimple.com/30-day-challenge&docid=wILgC0ZOo_nEPM&imgurl=http://minimalismissimple.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/the-30-day-challenge2.jpeg&w=916&h=785&ei=uiqEUeS0CMiWiALm3YHYBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=979&vpy=130&dur=172&hovh=208&hovw=243&tx=131&ty=118&page=2&tbnh=138&tbnw=161&start=38&ndsp=46&ved=1t:429,r:45,s:0,i:227
    Source
    
  1. 30 days is totally do-able.  I mean, you don't even have to flip the calendar for this one.  It's finite and you can't ever lose sight of the light at the end of the tunnel. 
  2. 30 days is almost instant gratification.  I'm sure with most challenges of this nature, you can start to see results in as little as 5 days! (or so the advertising would like us to believe)
  3. It's not really long enough to get bored.  Unless you've got the attention span of a gnat, in which case, I'm sure I lost you after the graphic.
  4. If you manage to screw up, or otherwise fall off whatever 30-day wagon you're riding, you can just start over with a minimum of fuss.
  5. 30 is like, a MAGIC number.  In terms of age, you aren't a dumb college kid/recent grad anymore, and you aren't "old" yet either (old being a completely relative term that I bandy about verrry loosely).
  6. BONUS - if there were 30 fluid ounces of wine in a bottle (instead of 25), I could challenge you to share 2 of the 3 FULL glasses you'd get out of it!
I know, I'm full of crap.  But hey, it was distracting for a bit right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love and tell me what you think! No really, I can take it. I'll just double-up on those anti-depressants first.

I may not be able to reply back quickly (I am a mom after all), but I read each and every word you type!