Additional Awesomeness...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Cheer. Or not.

I can’t believe there are only 15 days left until Christmas!!! 15! Where the hell did this year go? I mean, seriously, when did time grow wings? I remember when summer and holiday vacations lasted forever, and now they just fly by in a blur of family commitments and juggled schedules.
Of course, that was back in the day when it was Christmas Vacation and not “Winter Break”, and we had Easter Holidays rather than “Spring Break”. At least Thanksgiving is still Thanksgiving. Well, at least until some crazy lefty hanging on by their fingertips figures out how to make that more PC so we don’t offend someone.
I used to love the holidays. Still do for the most part. But man the ATTITUDES of people! I was backing out of a parking stall the other day, conscientiously looking both ways and backing slowly, when, from out of nowhere, this silver Dodge Charger flies up and stops. Mind you, I’m ½ way out of the parking spot by now, and there is a car patiently waiting on the other side.
The jackhole in the Charger starts yelling and gesticulating about how I should be more careful, and how I can’t be saving spots for people and how I almost totaled his car. WHUCK?! YOU are the jackhole who almost side-swiped ME you lame-o! And, to make it better, he followed me to my next stop. I was seriously ready to throw down on this jerk. Of course, then my 3 kids started singing Jingle Bells (well, two did) and he just got back in his car and zipped back out onto the street.
SERIOUSLY? What the hell happened to holiday spirit and good cheer? Oh wait, I know the answer! Consumerism and greed and parents who succumb to their angels’ every whim. I can honestly say that I am not one of those parents. Santa tries to bring the single most wished-for gift on the list, and mommy & daddy do the rest. He’s a busy guy, that Santa, making toys for every kid in the world who believes in him.
Am I rambling? I feel like I’m rambling. I must be rambling.

Anyway. To offset all of this holiday good will, the ‘rents are treating me and the kiddies to a Disney trip this month! And that happy event commences in less than a week! I haven’t told the boys yet. I figure I’ll tell them once we get on the road. They’ve been pretty darn good lately (that naughty list threat works wonders!), but I don’t want to jinx it. Which I’ve probably done by writing about it, but oh well.
So now I’m off to deliver Christmas cheer to some co-workers in the form of next week’s meeting materials. The meeting I don’t have to go to, because I’ll be in DISNEYLAND SNITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love and tell me what you think! No really, I can take it. I'll just double-up on those anti-depressants first.

I may not be able to reply back quickly (I am a mom after all), but I read each and every word you type!