Additional Awesomeness...

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's THAT time again...

the time of year when everyone and everything is to be joyful and happy and full of glittery-glitz.  Except me, cause I am SO not feeling the holidays this year that it's not even close to being a tiny bit funny.

I've always been "that" mom.  You know, the one who decorates after the Thanksgiving dinner dishes are done.  The one who plays Christmas music while cleaning house without complaint, often with help from my strangely compliant things children.  The one who sweetly coerces the hubs to brave the frosty roof and potential rain to light up the entire front of the house for an astonishing amount of cash and the cache of being the brightest house in the neighborhood.  I'm the one who called ahead to the store and had the exact stuff I wanted put on hold so I did not have to brave interaction with the other completely insane holiday sale shoppers out there. 

Yeah.  That WAS me.  Until this year.

I've got 3 kids under 6.  I've got a full-time job and a husband with at 2-hour commute.  I've got to pay daycare before I can think about getting the Christmas toys out of layaway hock at Toys R Us Hell.  I got rid of my 12-year old K-mart fake-o tree this summer, so I still don't have a tree up, though do hope to remedy that on Thursday.  I don't have a single light on the house either.

And I failed.  Of all the things in the closet, I did at least put out the Advent calendar, and the "elves" have been visiting every night.  Except last Saturday night.  Because I suck enormous hairy donkey testicles and had a huge brain-fart.  I FORGOT.  And poor Divo was crushed becuase the elves thought he was bad and did not bring him any candy so I "had" to use one of my 2 calls to the North Pole to rectify the sich-u-a-shun.  So the elves decided that the boys really were good and brought them goodies at naptime.  Which should have been a dead give-away, but I suppose since I said I was in the garage the whole time cleaning my car and said car is now clean...

So I'm not "In the Mood".  Yet.  I'm hoping, but it could have gone the way of the unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love and tell me what you think! No really, I can take it. I'll just double-up on those anti-depressants first.

I may not be able to reply back quickly (I am a mom after all), but I read each and every word you type!