Since this is our first "holiday" in the new house, we weren't quite sure what to expect. Here's a quick rundown:
- First off, I picked up the kids after work as usual, and we saw a gaggle of SAHMs & their tiny tots out banging down doors before we even turned into our driveway. Um, why bother going out if people aren't even home from work yet, nevermind in the middle of an early dinner?
- About half of the parents swarming our area appear to be completely unaware of the RULES.
- If the porch is dark, don't knock/ring/bang. There is no candy here!
- Let the littles go first. I can't tell you how many big kids I saw pushing in front of the toddlers, which just chaps my cheeks.
- If a bowl of candy be on the floor, take one piece of candy, NO MORE!
|This was only 2/3 of the candy we brought home after round 1. This bin is about 2 feet tall, and about 20 inches round. It's full now.|
The boys had so much candy that they actually turned on the porch light and started handing out their candy to the late stragglers. Late as in it was barely after 7, pitch black outside and getting cold. We still have enough candy to see us through 'til Easter.
On a completely unrelated note, I'd like to thank whomever decided to market face tattoos for Halloween. Pigpen decided his Spidey mask was too tight, and routinely pushed it up on his head. We stumbled across a Spidey face tattoo at the costume store.
All in all though, a successful round of pillaging. And I'm sure the neighbors, if not Nana & Papa, will have plenty of leftovers to keep the boys in sugar-heaven indefinitely.